Read the text below and answers to the questions 1-14 on your answer sheet.
GT Reading: “Restaurant advertisements” & “Cultural courses”
Look at the five restaurant advertisements and complete each sentence with the correct ending A-G from the box below.
Write the correct letter A-G in boxes 1-6 on your answer sheet.
NB. You may use any letter more than once.
1. If you want to dine in a relaxed, countryside environment, you should eat at
2. You cannot dine on a Monday evening at
3. If you are planning an Asian dinner on a Sunday night, you should go to
4. You may pay extra to have your order delivered at
5. If you want a menu for children, you should eat at
6. If you want to drink overseas wines with your meal go to
A. the restaurant named City Super.
B. the restaurant named Arnold’s Own.
C. the Malaysian restaurant.
D. the Hill View Restaurant.
E. the restaurants named Arnold’s Own and City Super.
F. the restaurant that serves Chinese dishes.
G. the Mexican and Malaysian restaurants.
Malaysian Restaurant & Hotel
• Recipes from fresh produce
• Authentic Malaysian chefs
• 3-hall dining area
• Fully licensed bar
• 30 acres of beautiful woodland
• Open space dining area, children’s playground
• Luxury accommodation with easy parking
• Landscaped gardens
• Traditional Malaysian paintings decorate all living areas
Enjoy our Cuisine & Service
OPEN ALL DAY
Top-of-the-hill restaurant. Internationally renowned chefs. Affordable menus.
Variety of cuisines. Local and homemade produce used.
Separate areas for business lunches.
Special occasions welcome – birthday, anniversary, get-together.
LUNCH, DINNER, SNACKS AND LIGHT MEALS.
BAR AND DRINK LOUNGE. EXTENSIVE WINE LIST. LOCAL & IMPORTED LIQUOR.
MULTIPLE LARGE TV SCREENS – SPORTS, NEWS, MOVIES
LARGE CAR PARK.
Special outdoor sitting arrangement on the slope of the hill. Enjoy the views with family and friends!
MON – SAT.
Open weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
Fine foods – enjoy in comfort, at your own Mexican dining table!
Excellent parking facilities. Liquor shop next door.
Home delivery if you live within a 4-mile radius from us – otherwise nominal charge.
CALL YOUR FRIENDLY HOST: John 01306 748300
Top UK award for takeaway service. Hygiene & Quality award – 2 consecutive years.
RESTAURANT & TAKEAWAY
APPETISING ‘SUPER CLASS’ CHINESE DISHES COOKED BY OUR EXPERT CHEF.
BRAND NEW KITCHEN SET-UP WITH ORIGINAL CLAY OVENS.
DELIVERY TO ALL AREAS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.
PLENTY OF PARKING WITH ONSITE SECURITY GUARD.
TELEPHONE OR SMS YOUR ORDER TO 021 3625 2351
ASK FOR OUR CHEF’S SPECIALS – YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED!
Choice for the Whole Family!
Birthdays, weddings and other occasions
Model of traditional Texas restaurants. Texas furniture.
Pizzas, burgers & steaks.
Fish & chips, vegetarian and kids menus.
Outstanding choice of American beers.
American movies on large screen.
Eat it here or take it away!
For lunch come on in Tuesday – Saturday.
Open for dinner, Sunday to Wednesday.
Read the following text and answer questions 7-14.
Read the passage ‘Cultural courses’ that has five sections A-E.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the passages?
In boxes 7-14 on your answer sheet write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
The Swedish Dancing course
7. Welcomes people of all age groups.
The Cultural Diversity courses show that
8. translated Asian poems are written in ordinary English.
9. Mexican rhythms are easy to produce.
The Chapel Acting course
10. only accepts those with prior acting experience.
The Driving Excellence course
11. combines theory with practice.
12. fee for individual customers does not change.
13. is the oldest singing group in Berdican Rivers.
14. has a shortage of singers for the New Year’s Eve Concert.
A: SWEDISH DANCING
Fun filled healthy exercise
● You will receive a warm welcome! ● Swedish teachers run multiple sessions for dancers of all abilities ● Choreographic class optional ● Dance attire and shoes are not provided. ● Classes are held in several convenient locations at various times. ● Free membership to the National Dance Institute.
Don’t miss it, call to book – 0132 2125 2541
B: CULTURAL DIVERSITY
Asian Recitation (Tuesdays, 3.45-4.45pm):
Literature from mainly India and China. Traditional poems and proverbs translated in modern, everyday English. A treasure of a thousand years. For the whole family.
Music Mexico (Fridays, 5.00-7.00pm): Mexican music workshop. Expand your musical horizons with the sounds of Mexico! It does not matter whether you are an experienced musician or a complete novice; you will be creating compound, exotic rhythms in no time.
C: CHAPEL ACTING
If you’ve always wanted to be on TV or the stage then Chapel Acting is for you! The month-long program has been especially designed for those with some previous acting experience. Town hall auditorium venue prepares participants for live performances. Our techniques guarantee to eradicate the nervousness that often accompanies live performances. Live audience for final performance.
D: DRIVING EXCELLENCE
Intensive Learn-to-drive Courses
♦ Use our car or yours ♦ Convenient schedules for working people ♦ We cover the theoretical and practical sides of safe driving ♦ Course and instructors fully accredited by the Safe Driver’s Association (SDA) ♦ Set individual fee with group rates available on request.
Servicing all areas from Dartmouth, Hartford, Hampshire and Berdican Rivers
Now inviting new singers like you! Formed in 1991, Sing-A-Song is the first established vocal group in the Berdican Rivers area. Every Wednesday evening 7.30pm to 9.30pm we meet to celebrate great songs from the past – jazz, blues, classical, country and everything in between! Rehearsing now for the City Auditorium New Year’s Eve Concert. Join us today – call Brenda on 04 8541 1254.
Note: Ability to decode notations and rhythm formation desirable, although not essential.
7. NOT GIVEN
10. NOT GIVEN
14. NOT GIVEN